Before posting a thread, please make sure it complies with the forum guidelines. The following type of threads are NOT
acceptable and may be deleted without notice:
- Questions that can be answered by a 10-min search on any search engine. Our forums are not a search-engine-proxy to do the researching on your behalf.
- Questions that have been asked countless of times, such as: how to make a MMORPG, what language to use, etc. Search the forums and the web for answers to such questions.
- Questions that seek help in making a game, learning a language, learning how to program, etc. Research yourself and you'll find plenty of resources online and books that will help.
- Recruitment posts for projects or jobs. Exceptions to this policy are:
- Job postings offering a regular salary (as opposed to "when it's done" profit sharing).
- Established projects or teams with at least one major release behind them.
- Questions that ask specific questions about an engine; such questions should be directed to the engine's website/forums.
- Questions that are vague, have too many spelling mistakes, or incoherent sentences.
- Homework questions. Such questions may result in a ban.
- Topics that have no relation to game development whatsoever. However, you're welcome to post non-game development topics in the lounge forum, but such topics should be non-controversial in nature. In other words, political, religious, and similar topics are not allowed.
When posting a new thread
, make sure:
- Provide a clear title for your topic. Titles such as "help needed" or "Cool article" are not helpful. Instead, "Rendering fonts with transparency" and "Interesting article for developing profitable mobile games" are more helpful titles.
- Make sure you follow the rules above.
- Ensure you're posting on the correct forum relevant to your topic.
- Provide details. Share your research.