xaitMap is xaitment’s AI software module for NavMesh generation, pathfinding and movement in games and simulations. It comes with runtime libraries with graphical tools that minimize the need for coding. Extra features include sectorized builds, analysis of multi-level 3D maps, geometry tags and support for multiple pathobjects.
- Automatically generates path data from your game world. You can use any type of geometry (physical ,graphical) from the game, feed it into xaitMap and produce your path data in no time.
- Graphical UI for path data generation. xaitMap contains xaitMap Creator, which is a standalone tool for path data generation. xaitMap Creator uses the full functionality of the xaitMap Library for path data generation. (More -> Link to xaitMap Creator Features)
- Automated path data editing. With automated path data generation it is hard to manually edit your path data. And when rebuilding the path data, you will lose all your manual changes. xaitMap, however, provides you with manual editing objects, which when placed into the world, do directly influence path data generation across multiple builds (like blocking areas to prevent path data in that section).
- Fast path search. The path search algorithm has been optimized for every supported platform. Multiple path searches can be run on the same path data without memory penalty.
- Efficient navmesh generation – better memory footprint and fantastic build times. The highly efficient NavMesh generation algorithm tremendously reduces memory size of the NavMesh, therefore the average node count and – in turn – speeds up pathfinding, as well.
- Enhanced Treatment of Height Fields. xaitMap comes with a NavMesh generation algorithm that delivers a NavMesh of great quality; especially the NavMesh representation of height fields is way more efficient compared to previous versions
- Incremental path data updates. Providing the same geometry with slight modifications, xaitMap detects changes automatically and updates only the parts of the path data where your geometry has changed. Build speeds increase dramatically.
- Local path data updates. In modern games where static geometry is no longer static when considering the destruction capabilities of modern physic engines, it is necessary to do local updates to your AI path data. xaitMap can update path data during runtime when provided with the changed geometry.
- Memory Streaming. When memory footprint is essential, you can use the integrated memory streaming mechanism to manually swap parts in and out of the path data or let xaitMap decide which parts are currently needed.
- Big world support by using a sector-based path data layout. The game world will be split up in sectors. Sectors can be individually loaded in and out memory, lowering the memory footprint for the path data.
- Customizable path search. The integrated path search algorithm can be fully customized, so that it can be used for path planning, which might consider hiding places, line of sight, etc.
- Flexible pathsmoothing algorithms. In addition to three fast and reliable pathsearch functions, xaitMap comes with a funneling based pathsmoothing as well with a raytracer based pathsmoothing mechanism which give you great results.
- Terrain types. By providing different custom terrain types for you game geometry, such as street, ground, mud, water, etc., the path data generation will take these types into account and uniquely mark path data with the underlying terrain type. This meta information can be used during the path search to favor or avoid certain terrain types.
- Character shapes. By providing path data generation with character definitions, like the height and width of a character, path data will be only generated in areas where the physical limitations for the character are met.
- Unit Radius Support. The NavMesh includes info about the radius of the unit which is supposed to use the navigation mesh for navigation, in addition to the multi-character approach which stores various heights of characters etc.
- Multi-sized characters. One path data set can be used for different sized characters. This lowers the memory footprint for the path data where the level of detail will only be increased where needed.
xaitMap Library Features
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?