Vital Engine 2
Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Based on the successful Vital Engine 1 developed in 1998 that published Outbreak (2001), this engine is a complete rewrite of the original renderer that with more high-tech features that makes it stand out from other engines.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System The engine is based on client/server object-oriented architecture and utilizes DirectX 8.
- 50000 visible triangles on screen
- up to 3000m visible distance
- Particle System
- Shadow Mapping
- Multilayered texture technology allows to forget the times when texture tile was visible.
- Textures of any dimensions
- Alpha-blended and colour key textures with up to 4 textures per triangle
- Three-layer textures for realisation of smooth transitions between sand, grass and ground on terrain
- Support of texture compression
- Advanced texture manager which dynamically adjusts textures quality depending on scene complication and video PCB capacity
- Mesh Loading
- View-independent progressive meshes for geometry simplification
- Advanced static geometry and models caching
- Automatic simplification of remote models up to billboard textures (impostors)
- 5000 triangles per soldier model
- Occlusion Culling
- Total rejection of BSP. Level designer enjoys full freedom of setting level geometry. There is no difference between indoor and vast outdoor levels.
- Scripted GFX objects
- Skeletal Animation
- Facial Animation
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Vehicle Physics
- The level of physics is comparable with Trespasser & Carmageddon
- The trees stagger on the wind
- Different bullets have the different velocity and are acted by the wind and gravity
- Supports player, car, helicopter physics models.
- Client-Server Ping-independent Client/Server architecture. You can enjoy game play online with ping up to 800ms.
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- Powerful sound sub-system. Up to 300 3D sound sources can be simultaneously played on 200x200 meters square.
- unlimited number of sounds on level
Level editor, Model editor, Particle system editor, AI editor, and Resource editor.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|