V3X was designed to provide a solid but flexible interface for adding both objects and video effects to your application. It is OS- and API-independent.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- SSE and Altivec optimised code
- 32bit engine and 64bit ready
- Point or fast MMX bilinear filters
- Multithread compatible engine. Suited for ActiveX or for plugin development.
- A fast cross-platform software renderer (V3X software renderer)
- A ‘pixel match’ rendering engine. Using DirectX or OpenGL will render exactly the same.
- double sided stencil.
- Stencil test
- All pixel calculations are 32-bit (8 bits per color component). A 16-bit renderer is also provided.
- 16- or 24-bit z buffering with Pentium Pro support
- All rasterization is subpixel correct
- 24bit, 32bit and palettized formats
- Dynamic material
- Top-down or bottom-up screen coordinate system
- 2X modulation of diffuse color
- Environment Mapping
- Lens Flares
- Particle System
Point sprite particles engine
- Flat or Gouraud diffuse color modulation
- Specular additive color
- Shadow Volume
Stencil rendering, with support for single-pass stencil shadows
- Cube texture, compressed texture format, mipmapping and more
- Texture size and format limited by the hardware
- Two-texture multitexture with modulation
- Up to 4096x4096 in wrap border mode
- Dynamic texture mapping (for procedural texturing)
- High Level
- DirectX shaders and HLSL
- ARB vertex language, ARB fragment language, ARB vertex object and ATI, nVIDIA and Apple specific extensions
- The pixel-shading pipeline is optimized MMX code but a standard C version is also available
- Mesh Loading
- The geometry and vertex-shading pipelines are MMX, SSE, and 3DNow optimized
- Support of OFF and OBJ 3D files
- Occlusion Culling
can uses XML for scene creation. Most of format (particles, flares scripts uses XML too)
- Skeletal Animation
Animation engine with vertex shader soft skinning (from Maya) powered by XML.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
A cross-platform audio engine (V3X Audio)
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?
|Can be used for non-commercial product (freeware) or for evaluation
|Delivered for one product during the time of the production
|Unlimited license for as many products as you want, partial source code, technical support and ISS Audio API
|Unlimited usage with source code provided