Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
Typhoon is a 3D engine designed for the real-time and photorealistic visualization of landscapes.
Currently, the engine technology is mainly focused on the simulation and rendering of terrains, water and underwater environments. The rendering engine fully exploits the capabilities of high-end graphics cards exposed by the DirectX9 API.
HDR effects: streak filter, bloom
Procedural animation based on trochoids
FFT based animation
Geo-clipmapping LOD algorithm
Simulation of reflections and refractions
Physically based water optics
Dynamic sky colouring according to the simulated daytime
- Shadow Mapping
- High Level Entire rendering pipeline based on shaders 2.0
- Mesh Loading
- Skinning Support for Milkshape 3D animated models
- World organization based on quadtrees
- View-centered approach inspired by geometric clipmaps, to handle different levels of detail in the representation of the virtual world, with seamless transitions
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Geo-clipmapping LOD algorithm
- Real-time textures synthesis
- Terrain synthesis via connected modules
- Self-shadowing through horizons
- Aerial perspective
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Source code on sale. Please contact the author|
Italian quality product
The very best real-time outdoor engine out there.
Awesome engineering product by a one man only!
Best thing in Typhoon is the water rendering. It delivers outstanding underwater renderings and a realistic surface at realtime framerates.
Support is very good in case one has a beautiful girlfriend. That's why i gave 4 stars out of 5.
Last edited about 22 hours ago