Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Toxic is a physically correct global illumination renderer aiming to produce photorealistic images and animations.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Uses an enhanced version of the Mersenne Twister random number generator
- Uses XML extensively, powered by the open source Apache Xerces C++ XML parser
- Full global illumination, including caustics
- Cameras: pinhole, thin lens
- Basic full-scene antialiasing through pixel supersampling
- Advanced adaptive antialiasing through Whitted adaptive sampling, using perception-based contrast threshold
- Built-in user defined gamma correction
- High dynamic, 192-bit color pipeline and 96-bit framebuffer
- Each rendering feature can be independently turned on and off and can be finely tuned for optimal rendering quality and rendering speed
- Implements irradiance precomputation for fast irradiance estimate
- Depth of Field True depth of field (due to thin lens camera).
- Light sources: point light, square light, spherical light.
- Use of arbitrary weighted combination of BRDF as a BRDF.
- Perfectly diffuse Emittance Distribution Function (EDF)
- Primary and secondary final gathering Perfectly diffuse and perfectly specular Bidirectional Reflection Distribution Function (BRDF)
- Projected planar
- Shadow Volume True hard and soft shadows (due to point and area lights)
- Basic Read/write support of several image file formats, including .bmp, .jpeg, .png, .tga and .tiff; uses DevIL for image loading
- Mesh Loading
- Objects: cube, triangle mesh, infinite plane, ring, sphere, square
- Built-in, on-demand mesh optimization and vertex normals reconstruction with edge preservation
- Support for .obj, .ase and .tri mesh file formats
- Clean and well documented XML scene file format
- Implements a very fast octree traversal algorithm
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Collision detection using SWIFT
- Uses a very fast ray-triangle intersection code
- Supports basic forces, torques, damping, etc.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|