Torture is the engine powering Altermyth’s upcoming Inspirit Arena, a 3D online turn-based strategy game.
No screenshots available.
- The engine employs high-range rendering pipeline, allowing intensities from 0.0 to 3.0; giving qualities close to real HDR.
- Implements highly-optimized batch processing system with configurable batch sorting and grouping.
- Configurable batch sorting gives the ability, for example, to render solid primitives front-to-back and translucent ones back-to-front.
- Configurable batch allows specification of exact rendering order (e.g. solid groups first, then translucent groups, and then UI groups last).
- To increase performance further, optimal CPU-GPU parallelism by renderstate grouping and compression is ensured.
- Environment Mapping
- Lens Flares
- Particle System
- Depth of Field
- Motion Blur
- Flexible and fast particle system.
- Particle system scripting is done with "object composition" paradigm, allowing designers to mix and match different components to create unique particle systems.
- The composable components are emission timers, emission shapes, attribute controllers, and position controllers.
- Post-render effects are natively supported. Current features are full-screen light bloom (glow) and fuzzy/blurred emissive material.
- Atmospheric effects such as range fog and volumetric ground fog are also possible.
- Unlimited number of lights supported. If the number of lights exceeds hardware capability, the lighting engine automatically computes the best approximation of that particular lighting environment that fits hardware limits.
- Static lighting and shadows are baked into lightmap for optimal performance.
- Projector lights and shadows are also possible.
- Dynamic light properties are animatable using light scripts, giving designers complete freedom.
- The flexibility of Mythic Shader Interface (MSF) enables the designers to specify complex texturing effects.
- Multi-texturing cascade is fully exposed.
- Texture animation sequences can be played in any speed.
- Texture splatting technique is expressible in MSF, giving non-tiling large terrain textures.
- MSF allow programming texture matrices directly thus texture coordinate scrolling/rotation/scaling effects are possible.
- All these are done with MSF scripts without touching any C++ code.
- High Level
- Shader-driven nature of our engine is made possible by the MSF. MSF exposes all hardware features such as blending/translucency, reflections, refractions, environment mapping, and bump mapping.
- Real strength of MSF is the ability to program animation of rendering parameters via simple script. This gives the freedom to animate the base color of primitives, their translucency, their material properties, etc.
- Mesh Loading
Characters and meshes are authored in 3DS Max and then exported into propertiary format by an exporter. During export, additional pre-processings are performed, such as calculating bounding volume hierarchies.
- Skeletal Animation
- Facial Animation
- Animation Blending
- Character animations are done with skeletal-animated, soft-skinned meshes.
- The animation engine is able to blend multiple skeleton poses, thus allows playing and blending multiple animation channels at runtime. This gives, among other things, smooth transition between animation tracks.
- Bones are nodes in scenegraph, therefore other nodes/entities can be attached to any bone. It is very simple to have characters holding other objects.
- Time-based events are supported, making interaction between animation and C++ or gamescript possible. Events can also execute commands directly; meaning particles can be spawned, objects attached/detached, lights attached/detached, play sounds, etc. from within the animation.
- It is also possible to animate primitives’ position/orientation/scale by scripting their model matrix. Clip-plane constants are also script-able.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
With the scripting framework, it is very easy to create script engines. This framework has been used to create the shader interface script (MSF), particle system script, light script, and game/action script.
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?