Toi is a game engine designed with both artists and developers in mind. Artists will appreciate the rich set of built in tools that make creating content a much simpler process. Developers will like the simple API and the built-in plugin system that makes extending the engine practical and straight-forward.
We want Toi to be available to everyone. Toi is designed to help independent game developers as well as larger development teams. To meet the needs of both, we will make Toi available through many different licensing options.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- Flexible plugin system for adding new engine features without changing the core engine source code
- Powerful database management for storing game data. Multiple databases can be combined and modified at the same time
- The plugin SDK can be used without licensing the engine
- Comes with a renderer designed for the current and next generation of programmable graphics cards
- Render-to-texture is used heavily for post-processing effects like bloom and HDR
- Includes a sophisticated buffered GUI system that goes beyond what is found in most games
- Supports True Type Fonts for text rendering
- GUI windows can include complex animated effects, similar to Mac OS X
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- Special effects can be easily added using the shader file format
- Included sky system contains moving sky/moon and changes colors through out the virtual day
Lights are done with full per-pixel shading, and an unlimited number of lights can be added to a scene
- Shadow Mapping
- Projected planar
Terrain system implements automatic tree canopy shadows that effect all objects
- Supports dot-3 bump mapping and anisotropic filtering
- Other types of texturing, such as offset mapping can be implemented easily using the flexible shader system
- High Level
- Comes with an easy to use text-based shader file format for creating sophisticated visual effects
- Use HLSL to create custom vertex and fragment programs
- Mesh Loading
- Comes with a 3D Studio Max exporter for creating mesh files
- Collision geometry, animations, lights and mesh data can be exported from Max
- Scene objects are paged in and out of memory around the player as necessary
- The game world is totally seamless - there are no loading screens. Everything is loaded in as it is needed in the background.
- Forward Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
Animations can be created and exported using the 3D Studio Max exporter plugin
- Continuous LOD terrain that is paged into memory behind the scenes around the player
- Optimized splatting algorithm that renders four splat layers in a single render pass
- Splating textures can be painted directly onto terrain through editor.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
A Newton physics system is provided with the engine. Other Physics APIs can be integrated through the plugin system
MochaScript can be used to control game objects
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- Comes with an OpenAL audio system for playing 3D positional audio as well as streaming background music
- Additional audio systems can be added through plugins
Tools & Editors
- Comes with a wide variety of game content editors
- World editor for manipulating objects, terrain, and forests.
- Visual tree editor for creating foliage
- GUI editor for creating tool and game user interfaces
- Particle system editor for creating special effects
- New game-specific tools can be added through plugins
Comes with a familiar, custom C-like scripting language that closely integrates with engine objects, called MochaScript
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?
|Engine and Plugin SDK can be used non-commercially without licensing the engine.
|Commercial License comes with full source, support.