Languages Written In:
DirectX, Software Renderer
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
swShader is a DirectX 9-like 3D software renderer using soft-wiring technology and MMX/SSE assembly optimizations.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Although swShader is a software renderer, it borrows the DirectX 9 interface, and provides a binary compatible DLL.
- swShader is a reliable fallback when hardware fails. It is always the second best option. No other product delivers this performance and feature set.
- Developing games with swShader is just like programming for a console. Every PC gets the same features, and with swShader these are many. Performance is sufficient for many console-style games. After all, gameplay is still far more important to a lot of people.
- swShader does not require you to learn an entirely new interface. It is compatible with the DirectX 9 API also used for hardware rendering.
- Deferred Shading
- To reduce overdraw to a minimum, the swShader DLL caches and resorts render calls.
- All common z-buffer modes
- Homogeneous frustum clipping and user-defined clipping planes
- Per-pixel swShader is the only real-time software renderer supporting pixel shaders.
- Shadow Volume It features complete support for an 8-bit stencil buffer. Render-to-texture for shadow mapping is also supported.
- The fixed-function pipeline features eight stages and allows advanced texture operations. The shader pipeline is totally unlimited.
- Stage operations: replace, select, add, modulate, add-signed, subtract, multiply-add, lerp, dot3, etc.
- Argument selection: texture, current, constant, diffuse, specular, temp.
- Alpha testing, alpha blending.
- Per-pixel mipmapping and perspective correction
- Filtering types: nearest-point, bilinear
- Subtexel precision
- Border clamping and mirroring
- swShader supports Shader Model 2.0 and will soon feature many more versions.
- Unlimited shader length
- 128-bit floating-point precision
- Dynamically compiled
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|