SunBurn Game Engine
Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
The SunBurn Game Engine, by Synapse Gaming, brings the latest AAA game technology to XNA Game Studio. As a natural extension of the XNA framework, SunBurn’s familiar design makes it easy to create new games, or integrate into existing XNA games and projects.
Quickly build games for Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7 - no porting is necessary, simply create games in C# code then run on Windows or deploy to a retail Xbox 360 or Windows Phone 7 phone.
Sell your games online, on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and Zune / Windows Phone 7 Marketplace. No DevKits, contracts, or any expensive software are required.
With full support for the XNA Game Studio content pipeline, SunBurn is compatible with the top modeling, animation, and texture applications.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System Control scene object and light behavior with object-level components. Apply components to objects using the editor or in code. Custom components are automatically discovered and available through the editor UI.
Easily plug in custom and 3rd party code, libraries, and systems. Easily override built-in methods, or completely replace built-in systems with custom components.
Access to low-level objects such as effects, shadow maps, lights, helper objects, and more, for custom renderers, scenegraphs, and more.
* Deferred Shading
Lightweight, flexible renderer provides both Synapse Gaming’s advanced deferred rendering and traditional forward rendering, allowing you to choose the ideal technique for your project.
- BRDF Vibrant lighting system creates smooth, consistent dynamic lighting and shadows across scene objects. Full range of light types including: point/omni, spot, directional, and ambient.
Efficiently handles hundreds of visible dynamic lights and a variety of lighting models. Built-in shadows use shadow mapping with continuous level-of-detail (LOD), allowing objects to cast shadows onto the scene and themselves (self-shadowing).
Ultra-fast built-in GPU accelerated light mapping can bake-down complex scenes in seconds. Light mapping uses the same rich lighting and shadows as SunBurn's dynamic lighting.
Automatic material-level ambient occlusion, indirect lighting, and soft fill lighting create radiosity-like visual effects, and volumetric lighting adds depth to the scene.
- Shadow Mapping
- Mipmapping Built-in materials support all scene objects, and include: diffuse, bump, and specular mapping, as well as skinning. Additional material effects include: parallax mapping, emissive mapping for adding glow and illumination effects, and color-specular mapping to simulate metallic and oily specular reflections.
- High Level Provides automatic support for custom, user-created shaders using Direct3D's FX files and Standard Annotations and Semantics (SAS).
Custom shader properties are editable through both the SunBurn editor and material files. SunBurn provides automatic lighting, shadows, material (bump, specular, …), and fog support to custom shaders without writing any additional shader code.
- Mesh Loading
- Skinning Pipeline provides support for models created in: 3D Studio Max, Maya, XSI, Modo, and many more. Native support for popular file formats including: Fbx and Direct X model (*.x).
- Occlusion Culling
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Rendering Rich, light-weight terrain visualizes both large scale and small scale worlds. Terrain materials includes diffuse, normal, specular, and color specular mapping, as well as blending multiple texture layers into unique materials.
Detail based on height map data for easy terrain creation, and to support dynamic effects like procedural terrains and real-time erosion. Full control of mesh tessellation, level-of-detail (LOD) distance, and more.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body SunBurn's efficient collisions allow scene objects to collide with each other and the scenery. Supports polygon accurate mesh collisions and primitive box, sphere collisions.
Trigger events when objects collide and non-collideable object pass through one another, and create custom collision handling code.
- Master Server Networking provided by Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows LIVE.
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound Includes full support for 3D and 2D audio. Place audio emitters in the scene or trigger fire-and-forget sounds at any time.
In-game world editor provides control of scene objects, lighting, shadows, materials, terrain, and environment. See real-time changes to externally edited assets like textures in-game while working.
Built-in project manager allows artists to work on projects entirely from the editor, without ever opening Visual Studio.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Indie license--Includes core features only. For self-published and self-funded games.|
|Pro license--Includes all features. For self-published and self-funded games.|
|Studio license--Includes all features. For 3rd party funded / published games, simulations, visualizations, and more.|