StemCell Game Engine
Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
StemCell Engine is a complete platform for creating A to AAA games and 3d applications. The engine is designed around the goal of reducing development time and cost, while giving designers and artists the tools they need to create rich and immersive worlds.
Cutting edge technology – state of the art powered graphics, real-time physics and 3d environmental sounds are just a few of the many great features this engine has to offer
Extensibility – easy plugin development is giving the user endless possibilities to enrich the StemCell experience
Powerful creation capabilities – CellBuilder’s easy to use client driven architecture allows the user develop their applications without touching a single line of code
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- Other StemCell product is designed with a certain set of rules in mind. These rules are established in a way that each category of the user accessing the program will be giving the most pleasant experience.
- Deferred Shading
- Octree/PVC culling implementation
- Optional 64–bit color high dynamic range (HDR) rendering pipeline brings to life very high quality visuals supporting a high range of post processing effects (motion and radial blur, bloom, depth of field and user defined effects as well)
- Support for most of today per pixel lighting rendering techniques including phong lighting, normal mapping, specular mapping and common specular parameters, fresnel term, real-time and cube map reflections, integrated shadow mapping and correct shadowing with all the above techniques
- Pluggable rendering system with support for OpenGL and DirectX9, with DirectX10 renderer currently in development
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- Depth of Field
- Motion Blur
- Fully-featured particle system with support for basic physics
- Billboarding base effects supported
- Ribbon chains and trails available for continuous dynamic and static trailing
- Shadow Mapping
- Projected planar
- Shadow Volume
- Dynamic and highly customizable stencil shadow volumes supporting fully dynamic, moving light sources casting accurate shadows on all objects in the scene
- Fully customizable texture based shadows for older machines without the user of shaders
- Soft shadows implementation with support for known filtering methods makes use of the latest processing power to bring real lighting/shadowing to life
- High Level
- All shader languages (hlsl, cg and glsl) are supported
- Support for all shader models
- Predefined lighting/shadowing shaders with support for all lighting types available in the engine.
- Normal mapping, specular mapping and specular properties, fresnel terms, seamless integration with soft shadowing techniques and parameterizations within each material make the artists work much easier.
- Mesh Loading
- Highly scalable material support
- Possibility to define multiple techniques for different rendering conditions into a single material
- Single and multipass customizations
- Fully customizable LOD for both meshes and materials techniques supported
- Easy parametric-based shader-material integration allows the user to easily customize shaders per material basis
- Fully scripted support for all materials characteristics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Facial Animation
- Animation Blending
- Software and hardware support for all animation techniques
- Bone skinned meshes with blending and bone weighting
- Pose and vertex animations fully customizable
- Deformable terrain with per pixel lighting and shadowing support available
- Customizable materials to use with any terrain the user creates in the engine
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Vehicle Physics
- Rigid body physics system supporting player interaction with physical game objects, rag doll character animation, complex vehicles, and dismember able objects.
- Physical material support for customizable object interaction contact parameters (friction types, friction parameters, softening parameters, bounciness parameters and much more)
- Vehicles physics support
- Rag doll physics support
- Finite State Machines
- Component/Actor/Behavior separation
- All of the engine key elements provided as components to the user
- Specialized predefined behaviors already implemented
- Eventing logic support allows seamless integration with the engine underlying API giving the user the possibility for synchronous and asynchronous flows of data
- Logic applications and diagrams allowing the user to construct their application logic using a predefined structure to help speeding the development process
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- 3d sound positioning, spatialization and attenuation
- Multichannel playback (4.0, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1)
- Streaming sounds
- EAX support
- Ogg support
- The project constructing tool is integrating 100% with the engine allowing „what u see is what u play” to easily come to life
- CellBuilder is defined as a separate parent module to the basic architecture
- Open wide plug-in system supporting any user defined module.
- World building application defining easy to access and construct most of the engine’s critical features
- Hierarchical scripting processing Wide-open support for any scripting language (LUA already provided)
- Entire engine API visible to the scripting language giving the users the possibility to quickly prototyping and constructing their logic without touching a c++ line of code
- Eventing based scripting objects hierarchy with different event types already provided
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Please contact DevCell Software for pricing and license details.|
|Indie Version - especially tailored for individuals or small teams of people in need of a professional game development solution|
my StemCell Engine review
we are using this engine for a while and I can tell you that the tools which comes with it are amazing and also the support is excellent.
i have to say what they say by "The user experience is the most important goal when developing a game engine" is true.
please remove my post
EDIT: remove my post... thanks. They fixed the entry in the database
License Name Price Source Code Comments
Other/Custom Free Yes Please contact DevCell Software for pricing and license details.
How can this be free then?!?
There is no download on their site, only a demo and some videos.. so, totally NOT free, as they claime on the database entry.
VERY ODD, SUSPICIOUS EVEN.