Windows, Linux, Xbox, Xbox360, PS2
Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Shark 3D development kit for computer games.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- Other Platform specific code and optimizations
- Stereo Rendering
- All advanced rendering effects included in the engine SDK are implemented in separate, independent shader modules.
- Optimizing bandwidth by taking advantage of console specific data pathes.
- Optimizing bandwidth by storing vertex and index data in GPU memory or GPU accessable memory optimized for the particular platform.
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- Mirror Support for various mirroring effeects: reflections and refractions, static and mobile mirrors, transparent and opaque mirrors, including distortion effects in water.
- A realtime light source may be a point light source or an extended light source generating soft shadows
- HDR (high dynamic range) rendering
- Shadow Mapping
- Projected planar
- Shadow Volume
- Shader components for real-time full-scene shadowing
- All objects in the world can cast shadows on all objects, including self-shadowing
- Procedural Video files on textures
- High Level
- Provides a re-entrant modular shader system. This means that all rendering functionalities are completely moved into independent, decoupled shader component.
- Shader linking: depending on the available hardware, the shader components are linked together for optimal execution performance at runtime.
- Shader animation: Execution of specific shaders can be controlled dynamically.
- Mesh Loading
- Platform specific mesh optimization. Optimize triangle and vertex ordering to take best advantage of vertex caching features of the particular hardware.
- The mesh preparation tool can import or precalculate LOD stages of a mesh
- Normal maps from highly detailed meshes
- LOD Shark is designed for both indoor and outdoor scenes.
- Forward Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Facial Animation
- Animation Blending
- Fading and blending of bone-animations
- Manual joint control
- Allows a non-linear combination of several animations in real-time.
- Skeletons can have any number of attachment points, e.g. for weapons.
- The same bone-animation can be shared between different skeletons
- The universal object hierarchy system internally is optimized to automatically minimize calculations using several optimization techniques
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Vehicle Physics
- Offers integrated and third-party physics solutions.
- Including constraints such as ball-and-socket, hinge and hinge-two, and "keep-vertical".
- Rigid body skeletons can drive mesh skinning for rendering
- Generic motors
- Computation time does not depend on number of objects in the level, but only on the number of active objects in the level.
- Efficient collision object pair detection in large levels
- Compact collision geometry storage
- A standard module automatically generates physics collision sound and friction sound
- Master Server
- Offers integrated and third-party networking solutions.
- Lag suppression by client controlled components
- Multiple 3d states can be synchronized via network
- Loading or creating many objects with minimized network traffic
- Easy high-level networking management (connection, player, level, etc.)
- Full control on byte-level
- Platform independent
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- Standard sound file formats include the WAV and ogg file formats
- Standard backends include: Console hardware, DirectSound3D, OpenAL.
- Sound sources are managed in a object space database
The Shark 3D editor is a flexible and open environment for configurating and manipulating engine components and properties. The integration and interaction with the engine and other tools provides optimal workflow for designers, artists and programmers.
- Perch (proprietary scripting language)
- Perch is compiled into efficient bytecode
- Support for Java
- Full unicode support
- Supports Dynamic Resource Updates: scripts can be modified while the game is running.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|