Gekido Design Group
Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
A RAD tool for creating royalty free 3d games. Powered by the Genesis 3D open-source graphics engine, Reality Factory is a wrapper that simplifies game creation for those people that don't know how to code in C+++. With advanced features such as bump mapping, normal mapping, boneanimation, and foliage, with more currently being implemented, such as physics and dynamic shadows.
Includes level editors for wysiwyg placement of elements in a level. Very easy to use once the basics have been mastered.
- Save/Load System
- Complete game & machinima creation system without requiring ANY programming knowledge
- customizable weapons system for melee & projectile weapons
- Predefined Character and Camera Controls provide first, 3rd person (fakk2 style) & 3rd person (diablo style) & 3rd person (resident evil cinematic style) viewpoints, changeable on-the-fly in-game as desired
- Complete interactive (deus ex style) conversation engine, complete with a GUI conversation tree builder for writing your conversation scripts.
- customizable Menu & HUD Graphics (customize via ini files)
- Configurable Graphics Renderer allows the designer & end-user tweak their performance & graphical quality settings as appropriate.
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- customizable effects & explosions system
- Skybox with multiple cloud layers, dynamic sunlight (changes based on the time of day & location (latitude, longitude))
- Spherically mapped sky for seamless sky and horizon
- full decal engine (bloodstains, bullet holes, cracks in walls, etc)
- liquid engine for water, blood, oil type effects & containers.
- teleporters, jumppads, lighting bolts, foglights, particle spouts, screen shaking, rain, morphing fields, animated flipbooks & other advanced effects to spice up your levels
- Dynamic colored (RGB) lighting
- Pre-computed lighting for animating light intensities and simulating caustics
- Shadow Mapping
- Video AVI & animated gif support for cutscenes & animated level textures
- Support for compressed textures
- Up to 32 bit alpha-transparent textures
- Dynamic texturing effects such as procedurals, animations, blending, and morphing
- Mesh Loading
- Use Maya, 3d Max, Gmax, Truespace, Animation Master, DXF, 3ds exporters for actors, level geometry
- Milkshape 3d exporters for actors & level geometry
- Portals 32 bit bsp-based rendering with full radiosity support
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending destroyable animated geometry
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body Integrated rigid body physics simulation support for world objects
- Decision Making
- Scripted Boolean-logic enabled trigger system for complex in-game actions
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound 3d audio engine with mp3 & wav support
Several custom editors to choose from to create your geometry
- Integrated Scripting engine for NPC, cinematic & in-game sequence scripting (SimKin) for customizing in-game behaviors and actions.
- Customizable Script Editor for creating your scripts.
- in-depth NPC Pawn system, scriptable NPC & PathPoint engine
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|professional version (no longer available)|
Great Engine, Great Price, Great Forum!
Just check out some of the demos that are available on the website- these are full-featured, fun samples of the diversity of themes and game content that people can create, even with little to no programming experience.
Reality Factory is undergoing constant improvements, a testament to the dedication and ingenuity of its development team.
By far the most impressive feature of Reality Factory is the user forum. I have dealt with some of the nicest, most knowledgable and helpful people during my time working with this game creation suite. There are a number of talented programmers, artists, and designers who post daily, answering questions, solving problems, etc.
Check Reality Factory out, you won't regret it! And it's free! Once you're hooked and actually making your own games, you'll likely find that you want to upgrade to pro (which includes extra support and an excellent e-book.)