Q 2.0 Technology
Qube Software Limited
Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, PS2
Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Q 2.0 is a cross-platform framework and plugin set for games and other interactive 3D applications on PCs and consoles. Designed to provide a core foundation for multiple titles across studios, Q 2.0's unique extensibility allows developers to rapidly integrate existing technology and efficiently supports further innovation. Developed by the creators of Reality Lab and Direct3D, Q 2.0 is the next generation of game middleware.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- Other Q 2.0 supports background data streaming of all object and asset types from local and networked file systems.
- GUI Q 2.0's rendering pipeline is completely configurable, providing support for arbitrary shaders and any scene rendering algorithm, allowing for any type of lighting, shadowing, texturing, mesh or special effect.
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- Gloss maps
- Shadow Mapping
- Shadow Volume Cascade shadow map plugins are also supplied with the SDK.
- High Level Q 2.0 supports arbitrary DX9, DX10, OpenGL and console hardware programmable shaders.
- Mesh Loading
- LOD Q 2.0's pluggable scene management model allows for multiple nested acceleration structures, which may be chosen according to what is most appropriate for the scene.
- Inverse Kinematics
- Forward Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending Q 2.0's animation blending uses a novel technique which simultaneously blends multiple animations in a maximally efficient manner.
- CLOD GPU clipmap plugins are supplied with the SDK.
- Collision Detection Q 2.0 provides ray casting and broad phase collision detection.
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
The QStudio editor is completely integrated with the Q 2.0 runtime framework, allowing custom plugins such as game entities and custom rendering objects to run live inside the GUI editing environment.
Q 2.0 natively supports Pike, for quick and easy porting between native and script code. Scripts may be interpreted or precompiled. The underlying byte machine can support multiple languages, and API metadata is also provided allowing alternative scripting engines to be bound to Q APIs.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Please contact Qube for pricing and license details.|