The Murl Engine is a lightweight C++ multimedia framework for cross platform development of games and apps.
Technically, the Murl Framework is a time-based scene graph framework. It supports the target platforms Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod), Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and Windows RT. The main focus during development was openness and flexibility. A large part of the framework is delivered with source code, making customization and enhancements easy.
- Object-Oriented Design.
- Multiprocessor, multithreading support.
- Clean and transparent abstraction layer for all supported platforms.
- Containers library (arrays, maps …).
- Mathematics and geometry library.
- Resource management incl. multi language and multi configuration support.
- Support for system fonts (true type) and bitmap fonts.
- Timebased scene graph framework with customizable nodes.
- Logic processing framework on top of the scene graph framework.
- Full-scene dynamic lighting and shadows.
- Point, spot, and infinite light sources.
- Per vertex and per pixel lighting.
- Single and Multi pass rendering.
- Support for volumetric shadows and shadow maps.
- 2d textures.
- Cube map textures.
- Multi channel textures.
- Vertex shader.
- Pixel shader.
- GLSL ES
- Abstract Shader Language.
- Various input formats (assimp).
- Support for vertex skinning.
- Support for user generated mesh objects at runtime.
- View Frustum Culling.
- BSP (PVS) Culling.
- General keyframe animation mechanism controllable via timelines.
- Skeletal Animation.
- Heightfield Terrains.
- Geomipmapped Terrains.
- Basic Physics Mesh/Box/Sphere.
- Built-in support for rigid body simulation with collision and contact.
- Support for 3rd party physics engines (e.g. Bullet).
- Support for UDP/IP and TCP/IP.
- Support for wav and ogg/vorbis formats.
- Positional audio sources.
- Positional audio sinks.
Tools & Editors
- Bitmap Fontconverter.
- Texture Atlas Generator.
- Scene/Mash Converter.
- Ressource Packer.
- Graphical Designer.*
- Support for LUA Scrippting.*
- Mouse and raw mouse.
- Raw keyboard and vanilla Keyboard.
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?
|Only the source code for the platform code is available.