Kanda & Jeckle
Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
full game engine, rendering and more.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Save/Load System
- File system: Standard, Compressed (read/write)
- Maths: Vector, Matrices, Quaternions, Planes, Sphere, AABB
- Data structures: Arrays, Linked Lists, Hybrid HashTable, Stack, String templates
- Debug tools: Error management, Logs, Console, Asserts
- Timers: Accurate timers, Hierarchical profiler
- Resources manager abstraction
- Camera management: customizable, RTS style
- Fixed pipeline used as a special pixel shader asm
- Fast immediate mode available for all renderers
- Picking system
- Bitmaped font rendering (texture or mesh rendering)
- Environment Mapping
- Lens Flares
- Particle System
- Mirror Sky rendering (real time true colored)
- Shadow Volume
- Stencil shadows with attenuation (Carmack reverse and common technique)
- Future support for shading LOD (level of detail)
- Image loading, saving and manipulation (JPEG, BMP, TGA, DDS format)
- 2D, 3D, Cube map, render targets
- software and hardware mipmap generation
- DXTC support
- 3 levels of quality vs speed: Standard, Bumpmapped, Offset Bumpmapped
- High Level
- Mesh Loading
- low level to high level access of geometry
- multi material meshes with customizable materials
- 3DS studio MAX exporter with material and animation
- Occlusion Culling
- LOD Hardware geometry occlusion
- Forward Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending Powerful animation system (key framed, physics ruled, procedural, customizable)
- Optimized Trees and Forest rendering
- Grass rendering
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Vehicle Physics
- In-house stable and fast physics engine
- Physical World management for faster run time execution
- Rigid and Soft bodies: Ropes, Cloth
- Colliders: Box, Sphere, Cylinder, Capsule, Plane, Heightmap
- Easy integration with animation system
- Client-Server TCP/IP client/server
- Decision Making
- Finite State Machines
- Agent navigation
- Emotion engine
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound Sound manager using FMOD
exporters, world editing, model editing
lua wrapper and built-in script system
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|write us to ask more informations|
Has everything you'll ever need
Too bad you dont get the source but still this has everything you'll need to make an next-gen game, and great support, I spent whole day searching for engines and this one was the best I could find because its complete and has all features you'll ever need, even scripting !!
Amazing and Well Structured
After about 2 months of trying to find a decent engine to power a game Im working on I thought I came accross kjAPI. My search ended :D
Its just too awesome, Very easy to use compared to other engines, doesnt sacrafice on anything, its all here. Network, Physics, Graphics, Physics, EVERYTHING.
Well deserved rating!
A perfect engine for all kinds of games.. while they are currently in Beta the engine runs fine and any problems you may have the Creators are always there to help.
They are currently creating "Planet" A world editor which will be able to handle entities, etc. to cut a story short this is a great engine with terrific features and very cool creators..
Go for it
A great engine, well worth any license costs when beta is over, it already got feature well worth a 10k bucks or two.
It have been little word from the developers latly, so many belive the project have died, forum have died anyway.
But, if they manage to go trough with this engine, and release it with the promised features, like the "planet" tool, they may have written history on the engine frontier.
Well their Engine is still under developement (and will always be, sounds normal) but already have lot of great features.
The support is almost perfect, you can chat with the authors on the forum, mail or directly by icq or msn, and they seems to be fast to fix problems.
Their tools suit is about being completed with a great world editing tool (plug-ins oriented architecture) and they already have powerfull Max exporter, model editor, Game database editor...
All the modern rendering features are available, Bump mapping, offset Bump Mapping, Dynamic Shadows, water rendering, reflection... And the thing is...it's very easy to use.
It's the engine of u dreams, both for beginners (easy to use !!) and experienced programmers (different access levels to the engine, lot of features...)
God job. Good luck the the authors.
Wide set of features
Wide range of features, often getting updated with lot of new features, both traditional and cutting edges ones, this Api simply rocks :/
Note: This more than a rendering engine, it also features Game Data base handling, editing tools, AI, Nature generation and so on.
Easy to use, u can drive the engine from very hight level as well as use it to very low level.