Languages Written In:
DirectX, Software Renderer
- User Reviews
Jet3D is a state-of-the-art 3D graphics engine built for high performance real-time rendering. Jet3D offers advanced lighting features, 3D modeling support, seamless soft-skin polyonal characters and many other innovations.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Save/Load System Virtual file system allows file IO access to collection files, memory files, dos file systems, and user extendable file systems transparently
- Translucent world geometry for windows, or other effects
- Bitmap and Windows font support for labeling the screen, textures, or bitmaps
- 2D bitmap overlays
- Multiple renders from different cameras can be mixed in a single frame
- High level polygon API for adding persistent or temporary user drawn objects
- Environment Mapping
- Lens Flares
- Particle System
- SkyBoxes - Spherically mapped sky for seamless sky and horizon
- Particle System, real-time setup and preview in world editor
- Lense Flares
- Pulsing Light effect - w/ 16 prest flash types
- Portals - Special Cameras view renders on brush face for 'Portal' illusion Plus makes for an UNREAL looking skybox.
- User extendable special effects and particle systems
- 'Pathobject' can dynamically alter Actors, Lights, Particle spouts, and other Object properties. Preview animations in Editor w/ no need to compile.
- User extendable special effects.
- Pre-computed lighting for animating light intensities and simulating caustics
- Dynamic RGB lights
- Projected planar Dynamic shadows
- Dynamic texturing effects such as procedurals
- Built in texture and lightmap caching
- Mesh Loading
- Seamless soft-skin polygonal characters
- Automatic visibility culling for optimal performance
- No limit to the number of materials used to texture or color characters
- Support for most 3dsmax versions (requires character studio)
- 8, 16, 24bit texture support. Sizes can vary so long as 'power of 2' factor remains.
- Occlusion Culling
- Environment uses BSP trees for fast visibility culling
- Area portals allow selective rendering of world geometry
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending
- Animation based on either a hierarchical or a non-hierarchical bone system
- Arbitrarily spaced keyframes in time
- High quality interpolation between keys - second order continuity across orientation keys
- Sharing of animations across different characters
- Animations can be blended and mixed or partially applied
- Animations are optimized to take up minimal space
- Interpolation and blending subsystems can be used independently to animate other user objects
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Integrated rigid body physics simulation support for world objects
- Volumetric queries to determine the type of volume(s) a box lies in
- Client-Server Basic network transport support for multiplayer
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound 3D sound positioning and attenuation
- CSG editor builds geometry optimized for 3D environments (No leaks!)
- "WYSIWYP" (What you see is what you play), editor engine integration provied a dynamic editing in a real-time preview. (Like UnrealED)
- "All-In-One", fully documented, world editor 'jDesigner3D. No separate scene Editors, FX Editors, etc. Build world geomtry, texture, set and place FX, Lights, stereo sounds, pathobject animation, etc. Inside the world editor.
- Near Zero compile times. Go from Editor to game, in seconds not minutes, or hours.
- Use Multiple cameras and SHOW/HIDE selected groups of brushes to better manage your maps in editor.
- Save portions of your textured world map, or as 'prefabs' and import/merge them into another map.
- Powerful Construction tools: Move, duplicate, rotate, scale, shear/shift, Vertex edit world geometry. Starting with primatives: BOX, Cylinder, sphere, Arch, and staircase.
- Wireframe view for both view modes in editor
- Optional Scene statstics printed to (Fullscreen mode) 3D view (FPS, drawfaces, etc) to help you better optimize your maps.
- Terrain Object (using Heightmap deformation). Can provide a Seamless transition between indoor and outdoor level areas. (Go from large indoor areas to massive outdoor terrain in the same level without having to load another level.) Lay in up to 64 separate tiles of textures for a high resolution terrain surface Textured detail.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Jet3D Public License|
Check it out! Unreal style editing!
Why Jet3D is special and worthy of the attention:
To Date of all the game engines I evaluated personally Genesis3D/Reality Factory)
is by far the easiest model creation and export friendly SDK I have ever used.
Jet3D uses this same exact format and method.
I am also a big fan of FULL Real-time Editors, not the typicial common Quake editors, where I can't place,
set and adjust previews of all dynamic Lights! (includes setting a blinking rate),
inside the editor. Jet also uses the same CSG style geometry construction as with UnrealED.
These are rare features found with maybe only 4 other commercial game engines/tool sets.
I will update this review after the next release with the promised 'materials & Shaders' is released.