Glacier Game Engine
Windows, Xbox, Playstation
Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
The Glacier Engine is a commerical quality game engine. It is the technology used to power Hitman : Contract, Hitman 2 Silent Assassin, Freedom Fighters and Hitman Codename 47.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Plug-in Architecture
- Save/Load System
- A math library - for fast vector calculations (will also include support for 3D-now and SIMD).
- An extended polygon based math library - for things like clipping, inclusive polygons, polygon projection etc.
- A zip file system - for easy access to zip-compressed files.
- Robust object-oriented design
- Very low memory footprint as needed for consoles
- Localization module - standalone, web-based localizer, enabling concurrent construction of localization information from remote places
- Debugging support - includes tools for profiling and various runtime feedback mechanisms
- Multiple cameras - for instance special cameras for zooming, sniper-scope effects as well as different strategies for a "virtual camera man".
- Advanced 2D GUI API for user interfaces including common windowing controls. Uses 3D hardware for accelerated special effects.
- Environment Mapping
- Lens Flares
- Particle System
- Depth of Field
- Motion Blur
- Pre-rendered lights and shadows for detailed and realistic backgrounds.
- Real-time lights (including volumetric light) - light sources illuminate objects as they pass by.
- Shadow Mapping
- Shadow Volume Real-time shadows - as objects move their shadows change accordingly
- High Level
- Mesh Loading
- LOD Advanced culling algorithms for optimal performance
- Inverse Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending
- Make realistic looking moving characters possible with and without any pre-stored animation.
- Real-time inverse kinematics and animation blending - for lifelike movement.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- Rigid Body
- Vehicle Physics
- Advanced collision detection - precise at polygon level or a simpler level of detail if needed.
- Advanced dynamics - real-time calculated cloth and hair on characters, plants, hanging bridges etc.
- Rigid-body dynamics - makes possible realistic falling objects and rag-dolls
- Client-Server Multiplayer support - both split-screen and net-based.
- Decision Making
- Finite State Machines
- Scripted hierarchical 3D path planner supporting teleports and special moves (climb over wall, through hole etc.) as well as dynamic obstacles/appearing holes.
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- 3D sound effects - includes occlusion, reverb/reflection effects through A3D/EAX APIs
- Direct music support for interactive music - streaming sound is also supported.
- Visual Scene Editor.
- Visual scene player.
- Plug-ins for 3DS MAX, Photoshop and ProTools (the plug-ins).
- The basic workflow supported by the Glacier components consists of producing primitives in commercial geometry editor, texture editors and sound tools like 3DS MAX, Photoshop and Protools, building the scene from the primitives in the Editor application and playing the scene in the Player
a flexible, object-oriented script that can be assigned to custom-programmed objects and thereby enable them to participate in the AI-state machine. The usage of scripts allows behavior to be changed at runtime. The language is event-driven and state-based.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|