Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, FreeBSD, Irix, OS/2, Amiga, DOS, Xbox, Playstation, GameCube, GBA, PSP, N-Gage, BeOS
Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
fl3dge, pronounces “fledge”, is a 3D game engine for computer games played in web browser with Flash player plug-in. It consists of a Flash based client and an application server in the back-end. It is designed for developing massive multi-player online role-playing games (MMORPG). Games developed with fl3dge can be played on multiple hardware/OS platforms, from any desktop/laptop computers to electronic tablets, PDAs, and multimedia smart phones.
- Component model: Like browsing a web page, scenes and characters are loaded on demand from network, therefore eliminates the need for any software install if the browser is equipped with Flash Player plug-in. Each character is built from body part components, and the body movements are driven by action commands. The separation of visual presentation of body parts and action command enhances the reusability of characters and movements.
- fl3dge server: The fl3dge server consists of a Java Servlet server, a Web server and a SQL-based database server. The browser uses HTTP to download component files and TCP socket for player interaction. A pure HTTP communication can be used as a fall back in firewall restricted browsing environment. The fl3dge server is designed to be scalable and redundant. It can be distributed to unlimited number of servers across the Internet.
- Motion synchronization: All characters’ motions are synchronized through the fl3dge server which ensures that each player in the same scene sees the same view. When two characters encounter and fight, synchronized fighting moves between two parties are guaranteed. It is ideal for developing hand-to-hand battle game such as martial arts games. fl3dge utilizes the Flash Player to perform most computation tasks on the client side and optimizes client-server communication to deliver smooth game experience even under limited network bandwidth.
- Web-based development environment: fl3dge divides the development environment into three areas: scene, character, and action. They are independent from each other during development phase, and can be dynamically assembled in the game-play. Developers can work from any locations and submit, review, and approve their works using the web interface. Game players can be invited to participate in the game enhancement and customization process using the same web interface.
- Fixed-function The 3D view uses isometric projection. Limited vanishing effect towards horizon is an option. fl3dge utilizes depths in Flash to present depth relationship among objects.
- Keyframe Animation
- Collision Detection
- Master Server http plus socket (optional )
- Decision Making
- 2D Sound
- 3D Sound
- Streaming Sound
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|