David Forsgren Piuva’s Graphics Engine using DirectX 11 with DirectX 10.0 hardware support. The engine is tested with VB6, VB.NET and C# but should work as well in any language supporting self registering MFC ActiveX components. It is a general purpose engine for procedural generation. You should have Visual Basic 6 for modifying the SDK samples and tools since only one example project is translated to the .NET languages.
- No classes (except for the ActiveX component that contain all methods)
- Buffers for complex types
- Built in cutting plane for rendering planar reflection and refraction
- Sky instance system
- Per pixel light
- Built in HLSL functions for ambient, diffuse and specular dynamic light
- Depth based shadows
- Fully automated shadow artifact removal
- Up to 16 textures per surface
- Example shaders for bump, parallax occlusion, normal, reflection, specular and gloss mapping.
- Procedural materials can easily be written in HLSL
- High Level
- HLSL using shader model 4
- Included examples of bloom, lens flare and depth of field post effects
- Automatic saving of compiled shaders make the game load in less than a second after the first compilation
- The model editor can generate tangent space from UV coordinates for normal and bump mapping
- Geometry shaders
- Text based triangulated model format without index buffers
- Built in multi resolution (Low,medium,high)
- Built in single inheritance bone animation
- Saving texture and shader references by name
- Single inheritance bone animation
- The forest SDK sample show how to use displacement mapping and bump mapping with a dynamic heightmap to render multi resolution terrain
- A modified version of the Bullet physics engine (Mostly the interface is different)
- Built in sound codec without external dependency nor third party license
- 3D positioning
Tools & Editors
- Open source 3D editor made in VB6
- Open source sound converter made in VB6
- Rendering to textures
- Easy to use post effects
- System for drawing shapes and bitmap fonts using quads
- Easy to make color stereo rendering using multiple cameras and post effects
- Reading from the depth buffer when rendering filtered triangles allow soft particles.
||Price in $US
||Source Code Included?
|Learn about globally unique identifiers and DLL stomping in the Windows registry before releasing modifications of the engine!