Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Coldfire is an versitile render engine, it is built so that someone may create a small game or a demo in just hours by modifying the render pipeline and adding some graphics.
The engine does not include any physics or other game related features, only rendering, the other stuff is reserved for another project (WildFire). It is planned to make the engine crossplatform.
- Deferred Shading
- Gloss maps
- Anisotropic HDR
- Shadow Mapping
- Shadow Volume
- High Level Uses GLSlang for pixel and vertex shader
- Mesh Loading
- Occlusion Culling Uses a custom pixel perfect portal method instead of normal portals
- Forward Kinematics
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Animation Blending Mostly manual control over animation, some animations can be qued in a list.
- Rendering Has basic terrain rendering with a simple terrain optimizer
- Collision Detection Only a simple ray intersection of geometry
- 3D Sound Uses a custom simple to use OpenAL class
Standalone converters and exporters for the engine exists.
Uses a simple scripting language for shaders and lights
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|Still in alpha so licence issues are still undecided|