Languages Written In:
- User Reviews
Awakening is powerful rapid application authoring tool for efficiently creating interactive 3D content. With it, you can easily creating eye-catching interactive 3D presentations, animated 3D web, brief film, game, etc.
Awakening 3D solution include three modules: Scene Editor ( Awakening.exe ), Scene Player ( WindsPlayer.exe ) and Web3D Player ( supports IE & Firefox family ).
Awakening presentations are typically used for making short movies, product and architectural visualizations, e.g. for sales, support and e-learning purposes, or, for product branding or prototyping.
- Other Compact web3d plugins for embedding into Firefox & IE
- Atmosphere Rendering
- Post Processing: You can do realtime image processing for rendered result of 3D scene. Presets ample filters includes brightness/contrast, blur, distort, desaturate, invert, levels, threshold, etc.
- Environment Mapping
- Particle System
- Ample special effects, include billboard, particle, texture play, etc. The special effects let you simulate smoke, fire, water, etc.
- Compellent cloth simulation include gravity & wind calculating, primary collision detection. Fur is important in animal rendering.
- Lighting calculation base Float Number. Support saving lighting result to BMP or HDR files.
- DotProduct3 can do really per-pixel lighting without pixel shader;
- Shadow Mapping Shadows are important part of a believable scene, they provide a more tangible feel to the objects in the scene; and set environment and the tone. Various options include shadow color, shadow map, shadow material, reverse, etc let you deeply control the shadow rendering.
- Parallax Mapping can produce a stunningly real three-dimensional appearance on flat surfaces.
- Video Texture: You can load video to texture to produce animated image.
- Mesh Loading
- Support export 3d model & character animation from 3DSMAX4.x ~ 8.x.
- Offers a lot import/export plugins for 3DS, D3DX, OBJ, VRML97...
- Support customing plugin use Awakening's SDK.
- Keyframe Animation
- Skeletal Animation
- Rendering Terrain system supports collision detection, also supports height map, altitude adjust, etc.
- Basic Physics
- Collision Detection
- 2D Sound
- Streaming Sound
- WYSIWYG Interactive 3D Design Environment
- Convenient and effective texture utility
- Visual and powerful Material Editor
control the scene at runtime: receive user input, transform objects, change object's appearance, and so on.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
Engine works well with ability to embed player in web page. Scripting in Lua may take a bit of learning but support on the forum is excellent. Some concepts not explained well in help file but perserverance pays off. Alpha version has added terrain generation. Particle system could possibly be better in terms of eye candy but otherwise solid. Able to import (and export!!) 3D content. Good speed and graphic quality. Best of all is the reasonable price! Highly recommend that you give this engine a go.
This engine is a secret hint !
Actual version 3.0. My addon to the official features:
(+) good GUI
(+) easy to understand
(+) Excellent and easy access to all features with Lua
(+) Excellent documentation
(+) Stable and seamless integrated Radiosity lightmapper
(-) only DirectX 8. no shader model 3.0
(-) no animation motion blending
(+) very fast rendering (in relation to other engines), from my point of view very good fps
(+) stable .obj, 3ds and .x import
(+) ultra fast and superior support from the developers
(+) easy export to Web3D or .exe with a player application
For this money the engine is a secret hint and a real alternative for much more expensive 3D Rapid prototyping authoring tools.