Languages Written In:
Not reviewed yet
- User Reviews
Aquatica engine may be used to simplify the implementation of high quality almost photo-realistic water surfaces in games and applications with DirectX9 graphics.
- Object-Oriented Design
- Save/Load System
- Aquatica engine can be used to simplify the implementation of water surfaces in application with DirectX9 graphics. Key features of the engine:
- Water surface approximation using heightmaps.
- Heightmaps can be generated in realtime using FFT or Perlin noise.
- Generation of normalmaps
- Generation of geometry: simple grid, geomipmap grid, radial grid
- Water rendering options include: reflections, refractions, CPU/GPU vertex displacement, foam rendering, sunlight reflection rendering, depth effects.
- 4 DirectX9 based rendering engines are available for different types of hardware, starting with DirectX7 and up to Shader Model 3.0
The source code is written in C++, divided among 22 classes. Rendering uses DirectX9 libraries. Shaders are written in HLSL. Aquatica engine is fully object oriented. Some of the Aquatica engine classes use STL (Standard Template Library).
- High Level
Aquatica engine comes with a free editor which may be downloaded from product home page. In first instance the editor will show the capabilities of the engine. In second instance the editor may be used to create and customize water surface. After that it is possible to export these surfaces to files and import them in your graphics applications using the Aquatica engine source code.
|License Name||Price in $US||Source Code Included?||Additional information|
|No longer supported|